If you are interested in buying a Toyota in Irvine, CA you should know that Toyota automakers are redesigning the 2024 Toyota Tacoma. This model will be making history as the first new Tacoma in over twenty years.
There is talk at Irvine car dealerships that we may even see a Tacoma EV arrive on the market in the near future.
The Toyota Tacoma first arrived on the market in 2015 and is now in its third generation. There are many competitors in the market for mid-size trucks. Competitors include Ford, Nissan, and Chevy. Toyota, as a corporation, has a strong fanbase, which is why the Tacoma truck owes a big part of its success to.
What to Expect from the 2024 Toyota Tacoma Truck
- In terms of style, the 2024 Tacoma is inspired by the Toyota Tundra. This could mean that we are likely to expect a hybrid version similar to the Tundra.
- It is rumored that the new Tacoma will offer an electric powertrain model. The Tacoma EV estimated starting price is $50,000.
- The new Tacoma is based on modernized Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA). The TNGA-F platform allows for more powertrain and suspension combinations. The TNGA-F platform is also a body-on-frame build. The platform will also include transmission options that will include a six-speed and ten-speed automatic.
- The starting price at Irvine car dealerships is estimated to be around $28,000.
- The 2024 Tacoma is likely to have a 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. The engine is from the Lexus NX350, has 275 horsepower, and produces about 317 pound-feet of torque.
- The 2024 Tacoma does not use a leaf-spring rear suspension, but rather it relies on coil springs. This change allows the driver to experience a smoother ride on the road.
- The 2024 Tacoma Hybrid will likely have a similar powertrain setup to the Toyota RAV4 Prime as well as the Toyota Sienna Hybrid.
- The 2024 Tacoma Hybrid and gas models will be offered in extended and crew-cab models with the choice of either a short or long bed. The Tacoma Electric is likely to come in a crew-cab model with a short bed when it first arrives on the market.
- The new Tacoma Hybrid will feature an upgraded infotainment system. In addition, the truck will have an upgraded interior and suspension tweaks that are sure to make it stand out from its older 2023 counterpart.
- Strong off-road capability.
- Right now, we can only guess what powertrain the 2024 Toyota Tacoma hybrid will have. It could be a plug-in electric hybrid like the RAV4 Prime. Another possibility is the new Tacoma hybrid gets the Toyota Crown hybrid or Hybrid max powertrain. It’s all speculation right now because the spy photos published in May 2022 focused on the vehicle’s rear suspension changes rather than the powertrain it will get.
If you have more questions about the new Tacoma set to arrive in early to mid-2023 at the Toyota in Irvine, CA, you can follow Toyota on social platforms for more information.